how much whey protein to take VS meat protein?

Personally, I only consume one whey shake a day, which is pre-WO. It would probably be ok to have more, but I feel the majority of your nutrients should come from whole foods.

No need for a balance. Actually, whey protein is the most bioavailable protein for your body. There's no difference between solid and liquids. The nutrients your body gets from them are both the same in the end. Fats, carbs and proteins.

Meat protein (i assume its cooked) is highly carcinogenic. Maillard reaction, heterocylic amines, take a look it at all. Lots of things are carcinogenic nowadays, but cooked meat is really up there on the list!

From what I have read, it isn't a large concern, and even if there was a concern, it is only in regards to meat cooked at temperatures over 200 degrees. Who cooks their meat that high? Maybe if you are doing it on a grill... but most beef products get cooked around 160-170 F, which from what I have read will not cause much damage.
If you have evidence to the contrary, please post some info so I can read up on it. I didn't find a whole lot on google. It sounds like there hasn't been enough research done on this subject to prove anything conclusively. So all I have to go on is what little bit I could find to read about it.

Either way, cooking is preferrable to eating raw meat and risking E. Coli, Salmonella or any host of other foodborne illnesses that could easily be gotten rid of by proper cooking.

edit: corrected a typo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kyleman1 @ July 13 2005,5:38)]Meat protein (i assume its cooked) is highly carcinogenic. Maillard reaction, heterocylic amines, take a look it at all. Lots of things are carcinogenic nowadays, but cooked meat is really up there on the list!
Do you actually have to repeat everysingle piece of mis-information you can find?

I guess eating all that cooked meat was what gave me the cancer that killed me 10 years ago.
crazy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ July 13 2005,8:28)]I guess eating all that cooked meat was what gave me the cancer that killed me 10 years ago.      
crazy.gif
That comment reminds me of that thread about that one bodybuilder who ate everything raw and tried to cite it was 50 times better than cooked meals in terms of cancer prevention.
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Back