drop sets and 5's

mrh

I'm halfway through my 10's and was reading about incorporating drop sets into my 5's. I plan on doing 4 weeks of 5's since I cant really do negatives (home gym, no partner)..anyway, I read where Bryan recommended doing like a monday week 1 and monday and friday week 2 for drop sets. My question is, do I do that for all 4 weeks or save the drop sets for the last 2 weeks. thanks

Do them for all 4 weeks if you feel you're not getting "the pump" . . .and who doesn't love that?
tounge.gif

i'll be on my 5's this upcomin monday, and i was wondering of your failiure workout days, do you do only one set to failiure or do 3 sets til failiure for 5's?

Really, it's not about hitting failure once or thrice, rather it's a matter of finding a way to get the target number of reps in. So, if you aim for 15 reps during your 5's, you can cluster your sets until you reach 15 reps in total. CNS fatigue management is of primary importance here. If you plan on extending your cycle for several weeks, you shouldn't stress your CNS too much. If this is your last workout, though, you can take all sets to failure if you like, as you will be SDing after that.

i like to do 3sets the 1stwk of 5s
2sets the2ndwk...1set with metabolic 3rd and 4th wks..try and up the weight as much as possible :D

HST is about avoiding failure, staying just short of it, lest you CNS catches up with you.

To get the benefits is to stay short of it and beat the RBE everytime, and once you get to the last workout of 5's, SD to "reset the machine".

Perfect isn't it?
laugh.gif

Back