5x a week

faz

i have been trying to work out why you would get any benefit from doing 5 full body workouts a week..compared to 3 full body workouts..besides burning more caloreis i cant think why :D

Training frequency is an important factor in muscle hypertrophy. If loading the muscle with sufficient weight to increase protein synthesis is the key to this hypertrophy, why not apply the load every day so protein synthesis remains elevated. As long as your getting sufficient calories, then you will be in an anabolic state more often than if you were training every other day. Of course you have to adjust volume if you are training every day, and you have to be mindful that RBE may catch up with you a bit quicker being you are applying the load more frequently.

Continuing on BIZ's logic...

If we keep PS levels elevated then we're less likely to lose muscle. Even when in an underfed state (when we're cutting) we can elevate PS, we just won't put on muscle due to lack of food intake.

Many ppl use increased frequency when cutting to maintain muscle and to increase the metabolic needs - as opposed to decreasing food intake (or just decreasing food).

I like BIZ's logic
happy.gif

Keep teh cycle shorter tha your normal HST 8 week program!

What length would you recommend BIZ?

biz i see your logic but..if ps lasts 36 to 48 hours and you train every other day..arent you staying in the same anabolic state..

Back