Weight increase

Rain

After 1 week of doing things the HST way, I already have gained some weight - and as far as I can judge it's not fat. Last week was 15's, this week is 12's. Starting to get into the groove of things.

I had really no expectations, but I weighed in a week ago at 191 lbs (87 kg)...today the scale said 196 lbs (89 kg). Same scale, same time of day, caloric intake approx. the same (it's always approx.) OK, it's after the weekend, but I've had weekends before...

Have anyone else experienced this kind of rapid weight increase?

Regards,
/ R

HST will give a person quick gains but 5 pounds in one week (for a natural lifter) seems extraordinary...I find it difficult to believe 5 pounds of lean mass can be gained in a week by a natural lifter on any program.
I suspect there are many other factors at play, for instance, wrestlers can lose over 10 pounds of water weight through sweating in a day to make weigh ins.  I suspect you may have had less water weight during your initial weigh in.
HST gives quick gains for sure and I congratulate you on your gains but one week of working out naturally and gaining 5 pounds of muscle doesn't seem feasible given the limitations of reality (unless of course you were eating many thousands of calories over maintenance and was applying Poliquin's Arm Cure to every body part ;) )

You're probably right. Maybe water has something to do with it. I didn't mention it in my post, but of course I work out natural.

/ R

Back