Begining 2nd HST cycle while cutting question

Zog

I'm begining my 2nd HST cycle while also starting to cut, so should I still increase the weight 5-10 lb's for each exercise or just leave them the same as last cycle.

Also what should i expect for my thrid cycle will I push the weight another 5-10 or will it stay the same as the 2nd cycle because it was cutting?

I guess in general, what kind of strength gains can i expect while cutting with HST?

Also I will be on creatine and HMB while cutting, if that changes anything.

I'm also wondering this.

I'm actually dedicating a week after the bulking cycle to refind my maxes. I've gotten heaps stronger, but will these maxes be true once the carbs start dropping? If not, should I tone them down a bit and by how much? Or should I just feel it out, and if I feel I'm at a maximum midway through a 2-week minicycle, just continue at that weight?

there are two things that concern me with hst and cutting, i get the impression that you shouldn't really be restricting calories in your 15s, since you need the carbs for lactic acid buildup, and the hypertrophic signal (i suppose), is not as strong as in the 10s and later. so maybe you shouldn't start cutting before you reach 10s. and also negatives and diet don't go well together, so that's another change you might have to make, avoid negs while cutting. if anyone thinks different, please enlighten me, as i'm about to start cutting, and i'm not sure if i'm going to use hst, as it seems that a constant load near your 8-10rm would be better for maintenance.

I wouldn't reduce CARBS too drastically during the 15's, but a calorie reduction can be done.

The 5's and Negs are the least metabolically active so a reduction there won't hurt ya much, depending on the amount.

HMB, even during a cut with HSTwould be a good idea because of it's effect on cellular membrane repair.

Creatine, it does so many things that are beneficial that especially during a cut I would take it. It enhances the energy provisioning of the cell, it enhances glycogen storage, it helps prevent protein catabolism, and enhances cell volume.

Sweet. This just answered some questions i have had since i'm on a low cal diet to loose weight (300-400cals below workout day maintenance). Thanks for the replies (and for the question).

Back