Hyperthophy in Lower Arm

yeah

Muscle mass around my lower arm (forearm) is very lacking. Almost abnormal one could say. What are good excersizes to as quickly as possible add mass to forearms and muscle around elbow region?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] as quickly as possible add mass

I'm not to sure about this but I suppose static training is what a muscle gains immediate size on fastest. So gripping a set of heavy dumbells and standing there holding them at arms length while your partner does a few sets of crunches should give you mass as well as gripstrength. As a fact you will become better at what you do frequently, so you'll be better at holding on to heavy things using that technique.
If you wanted to firm up your handshake and add some mass to the forearms I would suggest trying the Captains of Crush. I've used them for a few months now and I'm seeing added mass to my forearms and greatly improved gripstrength.

Compounds
Chins
Deadlifts

Isolations
Wrist Curls
Reverse Curls (pulling your wrist back at the end of movement)

-Colby

Since I decided to stop using lifting straps for all but the heaviest lifting exercises, my forearms have noticeably improved. If I can get to the stage where I don't need straps at all that'll no dount give me more improvement. Like Colby, I also find that heavy deadlifts, chins & shrugs give my forearms a good pump. I haven't done any isolation exercises for forearms since starting HST and they are coming on nicely.

Don't expect too much too quickly though. We are all very varied in our muscle mass distribution. Some people have very short muscle bellies in their forearms so even if the muscles get a fair bit bigger through hypertrophy they may not be able to fill out along the entire length of the bones.

I have the same problem in the calf department. Just inherited short gastrocnemius muscles, so I have a high calf. They are growing well (up 2cm since starting HST) but they are never going to be in Tom Platz's league! In fact, my misses has bigger calf muscles and the heaviest workout they get is walking with shopping! (she's not a fatty either).

Lol

Edited to put returns in! Why the heck does previewing remove them? :confused:

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lol @ Jan. 28 2006,8:54)]Since I decided to stop using lifting straps for all but the heaviest lifting exercises, my forearms have noticeably improved. If I can get to the stage where I don't need straps at all that'll no dount give me more improvement. Like Colby, I also find that heavy deadlifts, chins & shrugs give my forearms a good pump. I haven't done any isolation exercises for forearms since starting HST and they are coming on nicely.
Don't expect too much too quickly though. We are all very varied in our muscle mass distribution. Some people have very short muscle bellies in their forearms so even if the muscles get a fair bit bigger through hypertrophy they may not be able to fill out along the entire length of the bones.
I have the same problem in the calf department. Just inherited short gastrocnemius muscles, so I have a high calf. They are growing well (up 2cm since starting HST) but they are never going to be in Tom Platz's league! In fact, my misses has bigger calf muscles and the heaviest workout they get is walking with shopping! (she's not a fatty either).
Lol
Edited to put returns in! Why the heck does previewing remove them? :confused:
well, my forearms are very small, dont look normal. at their widest they are 11.5 inches. My upper arms are 15" cold, looks funny to be honest. My calfes on the other hand are 17" naturaly, so we have opposite problems.

Check this very useful calculator out to give you an idea of your natural potential in the forearm department:-

Size Calculator

I think quite a few of the folks here have gone past their potential based on the results from this calculator but it's a good guide for symmetry nonetheless.

-Lol

I use straps for lots of stuff (lat pulldowns, hammer strength rows, SLDL) because my gym doesn't have chalk (or allow it), but what I'm probably gonna do next quarter is get some chalk (like rock climbing chalk, in a bag) to use instead of all the strapping, because I'd like my forearms to grow a bit too...

Back