3rd HST Cycle (Bulk)

dax07

Hey guys, how has everyone been? Hoping everyone is progressing and reaching their goals. Anyways, I just wanted to post my current HST training log.
It is split into an upper body day mainly, then a mainly lower body day. I lift 6 days a week, hitting each muscle 3 times a week. I went with a regular HST rep scheme.

Monday Wednesday and Friday

Incline Bench
Weighted Chin Ups
Weighted Dips
Seated Rows
Shoulder Press
Straight Bar Curls
Tricep Extension

Tuesday Thursday and Saturday

Deadlift
Straight Bar Shrugs
Hamstring Curls
Leg Press
Weighted Crunches
Calf Raises
Quad Extension

Sundays are off days. I am now on my first day of the 10 rep micro cycle and already seeing gains in strength and a little size. I am sure I am growing pretty quickly because I am eating tons of food keeping my macro nutrients in check and doing proper insulin spikes in regards to exercise and always taking in protein every 2-3 hours. I am planning on doing this same exact macro cycle for 2 or 3 more times, just changing the grips I use and maybe switching tricep extension for laying tricep extension. My workouts are decently quick, I always do a set or 2 for warm ups and 1 set for 15s, 2 sets for 10s and 2-3 sets for 5 rep week. After the first 6 weeks I am going to do 1 week of continued 5s and 2 rep negatives. After that I am going to find out my 15, 10 and 5 rep maxes again and hopefully I will see some major improvement, especially on the deadlift and incline bench. So, does anyone has any criticism for this cycle? I would appreciate some so I can make my next cycles more effective. Thanks in advance!

Dax-

Being quite new to this forum I might not be the most reliable advisor but I once heard someone saying if you're not regularly doing squats on your leg day you're doing something wrong. Other than that I like your program.

Looks like a good program to me. Except shrugs and deadlifts 3x/week might kill your back.

The reason why I do not squat at the moment is because of two things. First off, I believe it would hurt my back too much with the deadlifts and shrugs. It would put a lot of pressure on my lower back I think. Also, I have the mindset that squat is more of a sport related exercise. I know it is very very useful for bodybuilding because of the stress it puts on your body, but I substitute it for heavy ass leg presses. Not the same, but I think it helps.
Sci, would you suggest me to do something else instead of shrugs? I am concerned with hitting all the muscle groups so I must train my traps. But as I approach the 5 rep microcycle I feel like it might be too heavy to do it with deadlift. I think you're right about killing my back.

Deadlifts work the traps almost as much as shrugs. Deadlifts require more recovery, so you might want to do them every other workout once they get heavy.

Back