4) Dip vs. 5) Bench Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dips are cool and easy to do negs without a training partner, but I have to go with the Bench.

I believe weighted dips will win out as you can do more weight than with bench...could I be wrong?

<div>
(Fausto @ Apr. 26 2008,7:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I believe weighted dips will win out as you can do more weight than with bench...could I be wrong?</div>
Bench advances, so a no go for the Dips!

Can I change my vote?
smile.gif

I voted for the Bench press but I think I am starting to like the dip. I think there is some psychological affect that makes me not bench to my fullest. Probably I keep picturing me getting out of strength and the bar falling to my chest or something. With dips, I don't mind to fail, and as I mentioned it is easier to do negs.
The only thing with dip is that I *THINK* it is harder on the shoulders.

<div>
(electric @ Apr. 28 2008,11:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Can I change my vote?
smile.gif

I voted for the Bench press but I think I am starting to like the dip. I think there is some psychological affect that makes me not bench to my fullest. Probably I keep picturing me getting out of strength and the bar falling to my chest or something. With dips, I don't mind to fail, and as I mentioned it is easier to do negs.
The only thing with dip is that I *THINK* it is harder on the shoulders.</div>
Voting closed, and the votes could not change... but please vote in the latest matchups!

Bench by a mile. Don't get me wrong - I love dips. Do I love them more than bench? Um, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back