After SD

737mech

After my first SD,i begin with one question do i start all over with my same routine weights being the same or do i add 5-10 pounds to my 15,10 and 5 RM? Also is it normal during HST to feel a little soreness next day after 15,10 and 5 RM?

Thanks for the info.. happy lifting

Add the weight. Remember, you're going submax, and getting stronger. You should have no problem hitting your new maxes when you get to them.

For next cycle, when you get to the end of the 5s (ie. your 5M) before starting on post-5s (negs) continue to increment the loads until you cannot continue to do so. Take these as your new 5RMs for the following cycle.

After you reach your 5RM you can then use these new loads for a further two weeks or carry on incrementing and do negs or cluster reps. You probably only need to increment your loads once a week (rather than each session) if you want to keep the 5s going for longer as the loads will be high enough to keep you ahead of RBE for a while. Just be sure to listen to your body - if your joints begin to suffer or your form drops off, it's time to SD.

Back