Am it on the right track?

Pedrossi

I first heard about HST about 3 weeks ago, and I posted some questions here which you guys kindly answered. I just got over a shoulder injury, so I was only able to start working out on wednesday of this week, however.

So, basically, this is the deal...

colby2152 suggested this workout for me:

Deadlift
Bench Press
Chins
Shoulder Press of some type
Dips
Calf/Abs work

He left out squats because I have underdeveloped arms and my legs are already muscular enough for me.

So I went to my "gym" (it's a hotel health club... very limited on equipment so I had to improvise my exercises
sad.gif
) on wednesday and did this:

about 70% of my max for deadlifts.

"improvised bench press" with 2 25lb dumbbells (my max is around 45lb)

bicep curls with 25lbs, my max is 45lb

dips at about 70%

My workout lasted about an hour. I would do, for example, 25 reps with the bicep curls then go on to something else, then come back and do 25 more bicep curls, and I probably did about 4 or 5 sets of each.

I'm planning on going back today and increasing the weights by about 5 lbs on each exercise...

Am I on the right track?

hi pedrossi.

how come you are using such high reps? are you not starting on the 15's?

also 4-5 sets per exercise? if so this is too much if you are training 3x per week.

1 to 2 good sets per exercise will suffice
wink.gif

other than that your good to go.

hi pedrossi! yeah i would definitely lower your amount of sets to about 1 or 2, that's just too much 4-5 atm. i'm not quite sure why you were doing bicep curls as it wasn't listed in the routine you posted, but nothing wrong with that! ;) but yeah, are you doing the 15s? i'm confused about the 25s... try sticking to the 15reps for 2 weeks, 10reps for 2 weeks, and 5reps for 2 weeks as outlined, just trust in it and it'll work for you if you stick to the main principles

yep just keep the frequency up to 3 times a week progress the loads from 5-10 pounds either each workout or every second workout, lowering the rep range every two weeks, EAT properly hehe and u should be fine! let us know how you're goin ok.
biggrin.gif

Back