Artificial Sweeteners- sweet poison?

<div>
(quadancer @ Oct. 03 2007,10:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Stevia has no &quot;long term&quot; studies done...except for the fact that it's been around forever - I don't like the slightly licorice taste of it, but get along w/ it overall.
erythitol : expensive here, bad taste for me.
Splenda: No long term studies is all I've found. The methanol amount was negligible.

What do I use? Think Pink. Sugar Twin and it's associates use dextrose and maltodextrin, which BB'ers use in gigantic amounts around workouts, and saccharin, which causes ...get this, the original reason for the scare...ONE type of cancer in ONE type of rat when given megalithic amounts of the stuff. No humans damaged yet.
Can you spell &quot;sugar lobby&quot; kiddies?</div>
Thanks quad, so then who paid for the study on &quot;Sugar Twin&quot;? In regards to the methanol amount being negligible -- how do we know that is true? I said the same things, but where's the proof and was it done by independent researchers?

I've not heard of a study on sugar twin. But there have been studies on saccharin, and if dextrose and maltodex were harmful, we'd be dropping off like flies in a window! That's the reason for my choice.

Back