Basic Diet Plan

Lance

Basically here is what i've put together:

1 g Protein/lb of bodyweight
30% calories from fat
Rest carbs

Sound about right?

It's so confusing when you read it, but it can be made so simple! =)

Should be a sticky for Christ's sake. (don't be offended)

Not to complicate things (hey I might learn something here) but what about remarks (Lyle/Bryan?) in the FAQ about 15% protein is ideal in regards to thermogenics? I haven't exactly been aiming for 1g/pound because of those remarks and the fact that I've seen "ideal protein" range from 1.6g/kg to 1g/pound...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Not to complicate things (hey I might learn something here) but what about remarks (Lyle/Bryan?) in the FAQ about 15% protein is ideal in regards to thermogenics? I haven't exactly been aiming for 1g/pound because of those remarks and the fact that I've seen "ideal protein" range from 1.6g/kg to 1g/pound...

I don't think it was in regards to thermogenics, but in regards to anabolism. (I hope I haven't already screwed up my terminology). The 15% protein figure represent the most effecient use of calories in terms of creating an anabolic environment (given that one is in caloric excess, i think). I think the implication is that those who have difficulty gaining/eating enough might try to structure their macro% with protein at 15%, while those who tend to gain fat easier would probably want protein as a much higher percentage of caloric intake. Personally, I'm not sure it matters too much. Your original post, Lance, seems like a excellent plan. (but don't forget your EFA's)

I know ratios aren't accurate, but assuming you're getting the 1g/lbs whats an ideal ratio? For C/F/P I've been doing around 50/25/25...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I know ratios aren't accurate, but assuming you're getting the 1g/lbs whats an ideal ratio? For C/F/P I've been doing around 50/25/25...

Many believe that as long as you're getting sufficient protein and a bare minimum of fat (15-20% of calories), the ratio's don't matter.
For those who do believe ratio's make a difference, the vast majority will still claim that there is no 'ideal' ratio for everyone.
If 50/25/25 works for you, keep going with it. If it doesn't, change things up. Personally though, I think it'd be wiser to deal with the larger picture first. (total calories)

Ratios just dont matter. Get enough protein (1g/lb if youre natural, 1.5g/lb if youre juicing) and fat and then adjust the carbs to meet your desired caloric intake. More for bulking, less for cutting. It really is that simple.

The only complicated bit comes when you get down below 12% when cutting, then you have to introduce some kind of wave/cycle to your carb intake for various reasons.

Other than that it doesnt matter!!

Back