Basic idea of Body Opus diet?

Armitage

Haven't been able to find any info on this diet, other than it being a ketogenic diet proposed by Dan Duchaine. Could someone give me the basic rundown of the diet?

You might want to check out The Ultimate Diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald. Lyle was a good friend of Duchaine, and the two shared a lot of ideas. Lyle took Duchaines work, built upon it and combined it with up-to-date research (that Duchaine didn't have in the body opus days) to create the Ultimate Diet 2.0.

You can download it at www.bodyrecomposition.com for $20. It's a great read. Better diet than Body Opus IMHO.

Dan co-wrote the origonal ultimate diet before the bodyopus days.

UD2 is better the the origonal BO style. Dan was very specific about the carb up and thelike (wakin up to get additional carbs), lyles is a touch more relaxed and still works perfectly well.

Without paying $20 to find it's just another diet concoction, could you tell me anything else about it? Any info I've found is just vague advertising.

Its a combined diet and exercise program. A few days low cal, a few days higher

lots of fun

Not only do you get the diet and exercise program for your 20$, but you get a vast quantity of useful information.

It's an excellent read...well worth the $20 IMHO! If you’re a male under 15% BF (or female under 20%) and willing to work your @$$ off for results, then pay the money and give it a try! I understand your reluctance--probably not unlike yourself, I've read about many-many diets and heard all the conflicting opinions. Lyle uses scientific facts to explain in understandable terms how your body reacts to dieting. It's basically a guide for the genetically average (which includes most of us...probably you, too, or you wouldn't be looking into diets like Body Opus to begin with!). UD2 explains the why's and how's of sidestepping the problems most of us have with trying to take BF below the 12-15% level. Most of us (myself included) tend to stall in that range and can only to go lower at the expense of a lot of muscle and strength.

Think of UD2 as the HST of the dieting world. It's based on hundreds of scientific studies and many years of trial and error by people like Duchaine and McDonald.

I just started the program myself. I'll let you know how it's going in a couple of weeks. I’m very optimistic about it!

Back