before bed?

ucmd

Though you spread meals out evenly throughout the day, is there a specific amount of calories and protein you should eat right before bed?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Not really. Probably something close to what you would take pre workout plus some fat (20g pro/20-30g carbs/5-10g fat)
What kind of fats, any fat will do or should it be EFA?

I add the fat in there as a 'control rod' to slow the release of nutrients and moderate blood sugar levels. I dont know much about when the best time is to take EFAs except to take them! Wouldn't hurt tho. Bryan seems to space EFA intake over the day. I usually just chug down a tablespoon or so of CLO with dinner.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well acording to the keebler you don't need to spread your meals out evenly thoughtout the day .

I'll stand by that until someone shows me different
tounge.gif
I welcome people to call my BS and prove me wrong so I can learn more, but you have to give your reasons. My idea is based on what has been said here and by Lyle many times, that it is calories over the course of the day that matters with common sense of course. It would be better to have protein every few hours since the body has a limited amino acid pool and enough carbs to top up liver stores, but having alot of your calories at one end of the day would'n't make much diff IMO.

Fairly true. . . when bulking, you want protein regularly to most effectively produce muscle. When cutting, you want protein regularly to most effectively prevent muscle loss.

As far as the rest of the calories, it probably doesn't make a hyoooge difference whether you have them in three meals or six meals. . . within reason. Having a whole day's supply of carbs and fats in one meal will surely overload the body's ability to use the calories -- carbs will be burned, and fat will be stored.

Before bed I almost always have a cup of cottage cheese and a couple of tablespoons of natural PB. From what I have read, liquid fats dont' slow absorbtion down as much as more solid forms. Although that could be BS.

Back