Before bedtime

wire2wire18

Hey guys, I am in the 4th week of my HST training, and everything is going well.
My question on the nutrition portion of HST is this-since Whey protein is digested to fast, does it make sense to have a shake before bed (with water)? I would think it just goes right through you...
Also, if you had a day to really load up on the protein should it be the day I worked out ( I work out at about 11
wow.gif
0 in the morning MWF) or the day after. When does the "most" muscle growth occur? ( I know both days is preferable, but is there any day that is "better?")
Thanks for reading.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wire2wire18 @ Feb. 07 2003,2:29)]Hey guys, I am in the 4th week of my HST training, and everything is going well.
My question on the nutrition portion of HST is this-since Whey protein is digested to fast, does it make sense to have a shake before bed (with water)? I would think it just goes right through you...
Thanks for reading.
Taking some fat and low gi carbs will slow it down some. I guess it would be preferable to use a slower protein (e.g real food) like meat/yogurt/cheese but adding the other macros will work.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, if you had a day to really load up on the protein should it be the day I worked out ( I work out at about 11
wow.gif
0 in the morning MWF) or the day after. When does the "most" muscle growth occur? ( I know both days is preferable, but is there any day that is "better?")

Protein is most effective around the workout so always try to get some there (pre/post) but the 36-48 hours after the workout would be better.

Back