Best exercises for beginners Please !

Louno

Im trying to set up my routine and im looking at tons of websites that demonstrates different exercises,
there are so many, the thing is im a begginer and that i dont want to get injuried, so i wouldnt want to try some of the more advanced things like for example squats, seems to me like i could injure my back or something so i should start with easier stuff.

So anyways , its also hard to tell which exercise are more effective than other ... like what are the most effective exercise i can do , for my biceps , pects , legs ...
there are so many types of biceps exercises ...
which is better for pects ? dips ? bench press ? inclined or not ? d'bell bench press ? chest press vertical or horizontal .. (i think this is with the machine ) ... what about forearms ? ...

Any suggestions of exercises that are best for each type of muscle for a complete efficient workout?

Keep in mind tho that things like squats might not be suited for beginners ? ill save this for later , ill gain a little more strenght first.

Louno

If I were you, I'd follow Bryan's HST plan on the article here on this site.

It has all the recommended exercises and the most effective ones.

Squats are good for begginers who told you otherwise? :mad:

You just have to start light and use proper form, back ramrod straight, head looking right ahead, and go down to at least parallel (legs) some of us like to go beyond!
laugh.gif

Enjoy, there is a site called Exercise that shows you how to do each exercise I find it fairly good.

Last, but not least try to work out your maximums for each rep scheme and go by the letter
butbut.gif
15/10/5/5 you won't go wrong.

Fausto

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Louno @ Mar. 28 2004,11:13)]Keep in mind tho that things like squats might not be suited for beginners ? ill save this for later , ill gain a little more strenght first.
A good safe squat has more to do with learning and practicing good form than it does with strength. All of my training clients learn to squat, even if it with tiny pink dumbbells. ;) Most clients will switch to leg press when they aren't training with me anymore, but by then they have locked in the squat form and it translates beautifully to a press.

At the same time, squats are not required in a program designed for muscle growth. Machines CAN be more efficient at loading and incrementing a particular muscle group. That being said, I have seen more injuries incurred as a result of a bad leg press than a bad squat.

I recommend you find someone somehow to teach you how to squat properly. This will strengthen joints and connective tissue and prepare you for heavier weights as you progress. There is no harm in using the leg press instead, but don't make the mistake of thinking that you can use more wieght and sloppy form and be safe.

There are some exercises that tend to work well for most of us and those are listed in Bryan's sample workout. None of them is a "must do".

In general: Compound exercises are preferrable because they are more "efficient". They hit more muscle groups with one motion. They do not have any additional hormonal benefit over a series of isolation exercises (as many of us have been taught...), but they do make best use of time.

As a beginner, if you eat and sleep and lift, you will grow. You don't need to be anywhere near perfection with your plan. Pick exercises that appeal to you and are easy to increment. The only way to know for certain what works best for you is to try it!

Happy hypertrophy!
Kate

I praise every word you say Kate.
worship.gif

@Louno: Not to overcomplicate things, but once you get a tad more advanced in the physiology of exercise, you may want to check out my sternal/clavicular debate to get a better view on the physiology of muscular contraction in respect to myotrauma and activation. TaTa

Back