bodyfat% questions

skinnyman

uhm i don't know where to post this.. so i post it in diet & nutrition.

i got my bodyfat% calculated (via caliper) by a nutritionist in the gym i go to. the result is a whooping 3.8%. She said there's nothing wrong with that percentage. and i'm healthy.

although i've searched in the internet for bodyfat ranges and different sites give different figures on what a safe bodyfat percentage is. some say 5% is the minimum. other's say 2%. i'm confused. is 3.8% unhealthy?

does anyone know the real figures?

thanks
smile.gif

relax, you are not 3.8%.

All bodyfat measurements are just an approximation, do not care about the level they show, just comopare them over time to see where they are going.

Yea not to be a skeptic but i highly doubt your 3.8%. If you are you should be utterly and totally ripped up...

Aaron took the words right out of my mouth. I use three different equations based on just six measurements and compile a weighted average of them to get my bodyfat percentage. Is it exactly what I am? Doubtful.. but as Aaron said, it is the correct way to measure progress of lean body mass versus fat instead of just using the scale and mirror.

Back