Bottled pasteurized liquid egg white

Juanxer

Today I have found in my nearest supermarket this bottled pasteurized liquid egg white product: 300 gr. of the thing (plus conservant E-whatever) kept cold, at an interesting price (compared to your typical 12 fresh egg pack).

It seems an interesting base for preparing a protein shake. Don't know if it would be a fast protein or a slow one, compared to, say, whey. Also, would it be "complete"?

Has anyone used this thing before? What do you think of it? What would you do with it?

I use them every day.IMO they are the best protein source you can find: complete, quite slow,cheap,virtually 0fat and carbo,0 sweetener or other crap.Best than prot powders as 100g(=approx100ml) are 44cals. and 11gprot.
They always save my butt bcause it's very easy to achieve your minimum daily protein amount.
Dont try to drink it raw bcause it can give you intestinal problems (i get diaharrea and gas).
My favourite way to cook them is microwave.I use a glass dish where I put 200ml egg white + 1 whole medium egg shaked togheter (try to use a dish which leaves the licquid thin to get the best cooking),set power at 750W for 4 mins add salt and spices and you are done.
Obviously you can skip the whole egg if you want and cook whites alone.
Also if you dont have a microwave you can use a not stiky pan but it will take longer.

hope this help.

Interesting. I'll add the whole egg, as I read somewhere that you get a better amino profile that way. Mad cook scientist time!
laugh.gif

I'd like to try some way of making a shake of it, perhaps with milk plus a bit of chocolate, I don't know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'd like to try some way of making a shake of it, perhaps with milk plus a bit of chocolate, I don't know.

well I would like too but my gut does not,and he always win those battles...

Back