Bryan - Question about thinkmuscle newsletter #22

In the newsletter you mentioned that some supplement companies like to pretend that their products are drugs.

What do you think distinguishes a drug from a supplement ?

Rainier.

Well, by my comments in the newsletter I was refering to packaging. They make their packaging look like it is a prescription product so that people will trust them.

Technically, a supplement is a component of food that has "nutritional" value. Ingestion of said supplement will not cause the body to change physiologically, which is to say, it won't push the body's physiology out of balance, but may prevent pathological processes (physiological imbalance) from occuring in the event of some stressor such as starvation, exhaustion, or illness (etc). But purely through nutritional pathways acting as a needed nutritional substrate.

A drug on the other hand doesn't have any nutritional value. A drug will accelerate or inhibit bodily systems and pathways by various mechanisms, most of which involve interacting with receptors, or inhibiting enzymes.

So, you can see that there are many "supplements" that are actually drugs. But that is not what I was refering to in the article. I was refering to the deceptive marketing practices designed to get people to think their product works, simply because the package and made-up name looks and sounds like a drug.

An eager (and obviously not so bright) friend of mine was in the process of ordering products from some website - products named "Winni-V, Masterbolan, Anodrol, Sustenol, Deca Nor etc". Fortunately, I was there at the time and made him aware of the fact that they weren't real steroids...
tounge.gif

Just checked it out - quote from the website

"Experience "STEROID LIKE" Muscle Growth and Fat Loss With Just One Cycle of TEST SUSPENSION!
BUY 3 GET 1 FREE!
Price = $109.95 Per bottle
Buy 3 get 1 Free: $109.95 X 3 (+1) =$329.85

TRADITIONAL ANABOLIC CYCLES!
The "ALTERNATING SPLIT" CYCLE
The " BLAST" CYCLE
The "COMBINATION CUTTING" CYCLE
The "BLITZ CYCLE"
The ULTIMATE STACK 2
The "DECA" STACK

The most expensive crap on the market...
tounge.gif

This is really crazy, at least we have marketing laws in Norway which prevents ignorant consumers from wasting their money on this $hite...

Back