Buckos Weights and Cardio Log

Bucko

Hello all, just a brief intro, I am aged 40, 78kg with about 2-3kg of beer fat to lose to get me down to around 15%. I have really backed off the weight training for a while now, but time to try and get consistent again. I have to keep a moderate level of fitness for work so running short distances up to about 2.4km will also be included. I am not running traditional HST as such but rather 2 way split twice per week, using a single set linear progression model with some rest pause for volume rather than allocated rep ranges and maxes, and after I max out that way I will use this program as a guide for max's next time around. Some of my training will happen at work where I have limited weights and equipment, so on work days I take a break from my linear progression and do some 5x10 basic volume to keep the frequency happening, and then pick up the linear where I left off next session.

Mon 10/2/14 - Decline Bench 77.5kg-15/6/3 WG Row 50kg-15/8/5 DB Arnold Press 17.5kg-16/8/6 CG Pulldown 65kg-15/6/4 Rope Pulldown 11.25kg-16/8/6

I didn't notice anything while I was training but about 2 hours later my neck seized and I can't move my head without pain. Chewing anti inflams and pain killers now. I hate getting old.

take some BCAA and glutamine. It doesn't seem to make you any stronger, but for me I noticed a greatly reduced recovery time, and way less overall aches and pains (and its not psychological, and I have gone one and off the stuff a few times when i ran out of pills and every time i ran out i used to think, to hell with that I wont get more - it's just a mental crutch anyways. Well it wasn't, whatever they do, they work, in fact on them I dont notice any difference in amount i can train from when i was early 20s)

take some BCAA and glutamine. It doesn't seem to make you any stronger, but for me I noticed a greatly reduced recovery time, and way less overall aches and pains (and its not psychological, and I have gone one and off the stuff a few times when i ran out of pills and every time i ran out i used to think, to hell with that I wont get more - it's just a mental crutch anyways. Well it wasn't, whatever they do, they work, in fact on them I dont notice any difference in amount i can train from when i was early 20s)
Thanks for the advice. I am not a big supplement person but have considered BCAA but wasn't sure if they were worth the investment. Might be time to find out

Mon 17/2/14 - Cardio 2.4km / 13:48 Haven't run for about a month and it killed me. Wed 19/2/14 Rack Pull 95kg-15 Decline Bench 80kg-15/5/3 WG Row 52.5kg-15/8/5 DB Arnold Press 20kg-15/8/5 CG Pull down 67.5kg-12/5/4. 1st weights session back, neck still stiff but okay

Back