Burn Sets whats the benefits?

• Thread starter imported_domineaux
  • Start date
I

imported_domineaux

What is benefit of burn sets in the final week of the 5s ?

Currently doing 5s x 2 sets + 1 burn set 15 reps x 70% of 5s weight.

Don't mind telling you I'm getting a burn.

Just wondering about the benefits of these burn sets.  They sure wear your butt out; something has gotta be happening.
I didn't realize how easy the 5s were on my respiratory system, since I've been doing lower rep sets for a while now. Wow! I was doing good to keep one minute intervals between sets. when I took on the burn set.
I know I'll have a better feel for where I should start on my first round of 15s next cycle that's sure.  
---------------  
thumbs-up.gif

burn sets increase metabolism in ur muscles i think. Absorbtion for glycogen is high(allows for fuller muscle look) when you do burn sets which is especially helpful during the 5s when they don't cause too much of the metabolism boost to happen.

the burn, or lactic acid buildup, also aids in priming the tendons for heavier loads. I would think that they have similar effects when you do burn sets during heavy loads.

i think thats about right

pzhang

To keep it simple,

there are two roads to the gates of the city called Hypertrophyville.

Both are Mitogen Activated Protein Kinases, one is called P38, the big boy, the other is ERK1/2.

P38 is induced by tension (load) and stretch.
ERK 1/2 is induced by metabolic work.

So the burn sets induce metabolic signalling of ERK1/2 causing increased oxidative capacity, meaning increased quality of the tissue. The third post in the Muscle Growth Flowchart thread has a pictogram representing the two paths that muscle contractions activate, check it out and you'll get the idea.

Back