caffiene and conversion of linolenic acid

Speaker

first post here, HI to all

How much daily caffiene would be considered too much, to the point of inhibiting conversion of linolenic into EPA and DHA.

thanks for any help, Speaker

sorry i'm unsure of the answer.

but if you're worried about it, you could simply use fish oil and bypass the need for conversion altogether.

I'm afraid you won't really get an exact answer. It isn't all or nothing. Its true, caffeine does interfere with teh EFA pathway, but just how much caffeine will effect you is something that varies over time, with time of day, with diet, etc, etc.

If you are concerned, you should use fish oil caps instead of FLAX oil.

Cool, thanks. I do use fishoil mostly, was just reading one of the articles here and saw that about caffiene and was curious. Im assuming a "normal" amount of caffiene, say 200-400mg/day wouldn't be too much?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Speaker @ Feb. 21 2004,11:23)]Cool, thanks. I do use fishoil mostly, was just reading one of the articles here and saw that about caffiene and was curious. Im assuming a "normal" amount of caffiene, say 200-400mg/day wouldn't be too much?
200-400mg/day is a lot. :D

A normal amount of caffeine is usually considered 50-100 mgs/day in most studies.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]200-400mg/day is a lot.
A normal amount of caffeine is usually considered 50-100 mgs/day in most studies.

Really? Oops lol. I was just thinking since a cup of coffee has over 100mg, and people usually drink more than one cup...

And I thought since people stacking caffiene with ephedrine are taking in much more, closer to Insane Man's 800mg, that would be considered alot.

Back