caloric / bmr calculation

Nemesis7884

dear bryan
dear forum folkes

i think that the calculations in the eating-for-size article heavily underestimates the real caloric needs...

i am 80kg (184 lbs)...and with the formula my daily intake should be (daily exercises, office work) around 2500 kcal to maintenance...this is to low..in my experience its more around 2700-2800 kcal...i am now even up to 3000 kcal and gaining weight very gradually...

you might adjust calculation a bit?

Keep in mind those numbers are only an estimate. Differences in caloric needs among individuals can vary greatly, that's just the one size fits all formula to give most people a decent ballpark figure.

nemesis - how much do you gain weight in a cycle?
i picked also the daily workout and office work type of activity factor but felt it isn't enough for my body. so i went to choose the 1.5 activity factor (daily workout, construction work most of the day) and my bulking diet is at 2,900 cals. i'm 152 lbs (69kg) and i think it's only quite enough for me to grow. i think it has to do with the metabolism... i have a fast metabolism and therefore i have to eat more than the others weighing the same as i do but has a slower metabolism.

eating a lot is fun though
tounge.gif

well you have to keep in mind that i weight 80kg...so my bmr is higher...but i work in the office so my activity lvl is lower...i usually dont bulk with +500 kcal...more something like +300 i like slow bukling because it seems to keep fat gain low...well otherwise i would need to bulk with around 3200 kcal...as a guessing

I consider myself a "hardgainer" (hate that term) - I'm trying to eat as much as possible to bulk up....I'll handle cutting and fat loss ata a later stage. At the mo I'm concentrating on size (tho I'm trying maintain carb/pro/fat percentages).

Does anyone put a limit on the amount of calories over maintenance that they consume?

Weighing 64.3kg 6 days ago (light I know), I've gained consistently each day to 65.3 (after 5 days). Tho yesterday I havent gained weight -- I lost 200g!!
The kcals have been going up slowly aswell. I've been maintaining 2800-3100 (tho yesterday it was 4200).

Shouldnt weight gain be consistent? Whats the max kcals one should eat (keeping percentages)?

Back