Can Avant Labs Ab-solved hinder growth?

VIPER

I'm currently on a cutting cycle right now and things are going good so far but I read about ab-solved and people actually say it works and I figured I might give it a try if it speeds fat loss up. I haven't yet read anything bad about this product but thats why I'm asking a few questions here. So, ihow does ab-solved actually work(I've read the description about the product but I would like to understand it a little better you know)?, and if I use it while on a bulking phase to lessen fat increase on my abs and arms(which you can probably do, right?) could it effect any muscle growth? Thats about as many questions as I can think of right now, but I'm sure its enough ;) . Thanks, and any real experiences with the product would help!

The 7-oxo-DHEA is presumed to have an anti-glucocorticoid effect, theoretically suppressing the formation of visceral adipose tissue. Additionally, it is proported to have thermogenic capabilities.

I tried it and didn't observe much of a result but I was at the end of my cutting phase and had pretty much already leveled off so I wasn't really expecting much. For it's price, it was worth trying, mostly since people seem to have gotten significant results.

I haven't heard of anything that'd point to it preventing gains but the paper cited below stated that it lowered test levels after transdermal application.

Effects of transdermal application of 7-oxo-DHEA on the levels of steroid hormones, gonadotropins and lipids in healthy men.

Thanks Cylus! K, I definetely didn't know that it lowered test. levels, hhmmm I wonder if it would be significant though. I look into it a some more.

To be honest, I only came across that yesterday when I was looking for some papers I had seen before on 7-keto. I personally think that the evidence behind it's mechanism of action is pretty sparse compared to many tried and tested supps but to each his own :)

I have used Ab-solved for around 6 months straight. I did two months of the twice a day applications until my waist came down almost 3 inches. I then switched to a once a day maitenance schedule, and my waist is still measuring the same, but I can now see my abs much better. I have noticed no drop in Test levels, and have had no problems making gains, or maintaining my existing muscle. It's a great product for me, and for the price, I would recommend giving a bottle or two a try.

I too have been using AbSolved while cutting. Though it's only been one week, I cannot discern whether it has had any effect or not. Since I am running a calorie deficit, my measurement reductions may well be attributed solely to that.

I have also been applying to my pecs to reduce some fat there, and it may have had a slight effect, not much. I will probably continue to use for a couple more weeks & re-evaluate continued use.

As with all these products, there are so many other variables at play at a given time, that it's often difficult to say what specifically is working, or not.

wow.gif
9-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Arbitro @ Jan. 07 2004,10
wow.gif
9)]As with all these products, there are so many other variables at play at a given time, that it's often difficult to say what specifically is working, or not.

This is exactly the thing I'm trying to figure out. I guess one of the only ways to actually see is to get the bottle and try it. I have been at the same calories for a couple weeks now and added in some more cardio and am dropping around a pound to two pounds a week which I was told to shoot for, so maybe if I keep everything the same and just add the ab-solved in there I'll be able to tell for sure.

Has anybody tried this stuff on their arms or legs. I like to apply it to my triceps and rear delts.

Steve, 3 inches on the waist is definetely something to be proud of.

At $21/bottle, it's not a huge waste if you don't get results.

One thing to note: Ab-solved is generally used to target VAT, which is fat around internal organs. Some have gotten decent SAT (subcutaneous fat) reduction in other areas. So you may or may not see much by way of sub-q fat loss in those areas.

I know this is not a direct answer to your query, but i think you should note it before making your purchase.

I tried this product, and the second time I applied it I had fairly serious dizzyness/vertigo , heart palpitations, and nausea. These symtoms lasted for approx. 2 hours. However, I took the chance that the reaction might have been due to something else and applied it again the next day. Same thing happened.

I have no known allergies and was not taking any other supps at the time. I have a very healthy diet. I was not drinking or doing any other kinds of drugs. BUT, with that said, it looks like some people do fine with it. So - its up to you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Arbitro @ Jan. 07 2004,12:24)]At $21/bottle, it's not a huge waste if you don't get results.
One thing to note: Ab-solved is generally used to target VAT, which is fat around internal organs. Some have gotten decent SAT (subcutaneous fat) reduction in other areas. So you may or may not see much by way of sub-q fat loss in those areas.
Since brining this product out, I have found some new research on a second layer of subQ abdominal fat, called "deep SAT", which has a lot of the same properties as VAT (highly lipolytic, strongly correlated with insulin resistance), though the research is not nearly as extensive owing to it being new.

Not enough data for it to be anything more than speculation, but if I had to guess, i would guess that the people who noticed a loss of non-VAT fat lost deep SAT

As for the study showing a drop in T, it is the only study to suggest that (the general consensus in the literature is that it does not affect sex hormones) -- and, it used only 6 subjects, with no control (other than baseline measurements), so one would not want to bet the farm on the study.

The same study showed a much larger drop in estradiol than test, BTW.

Thanks Par Deus, thats some good info! I haven't bought this product yet but I might give it a whirl, especially since my next cycle which is next week I am trying to gain some more size, anything that can keep fat down a little would be incredible.

Back