Can supplements e.g. creatine, take one beyond

Ruhl

Can muscle building supplements e.g. creatine, CLA; or eating more calories; take one beyond their genetic limit, or are more androgens in the body the only thing that will achieve this?

Dear Ruhl,

To breach one's genetic limit, injectable supplements have to be used. There really is no other way. Not now anyhow.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

Indeed. The real secret of the pros also include stacking HMB with CLA..... that will give you 21 inch arms in 21 days
tounge.gif

Dear Ruhl,

In general, supplements are mainly for convenience and to aid a more or less balanced diet. Supplements are good for a pure source of protein (apart from egg whites, but when you're having 30 egg whites a day this isn't particularly cost effective considering the prices of eggs these days). You do use a fast protein (like Primer) prior to working out to give your muscles a good dose of amino acids. Other than that, the vast majority of supplements out there are scams.

As for high carbs, I suppose your question really means what are carbs good for? They are good for anaerobic-type activity like weight-lifting. Without carbs, you won't be able to workout. Not properly anyway. They are good for inhibiting cortisol release during and post-exercise, and for this reason I'd be sipping a protein plus carb shake during my workout. Post workout, I'd have potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, bananas etc with a good whack of meat.

To finish, I'd list the supplements that are not scams. They are: protein powder, creatine, EFAs and some pro-hormones. You might also wish to read the Supplement FAQ and HST FAQ to better understand the principles of HST and the reasons why some supplements are must-haves while some are absolute rubbish.

If someone was at their genetic limit, without using muscle building supplements, and then they started using supplements, would they get bigger?

Dear Ruhl,

That would depend on the type of supplements that individual takes. If supplements refer to "protein powder, creatine, EFAs and vitamins/minerals", then no since in this case these items are simply analogues of real food.

But if supplements were to mean pro-hormones, then yes. And of course, if supplements were to mean steroids, then, hell yes.

But I ask you this - how many out there have actually reached their full genetic potential? We should worry about breaching our genetic potential only when we are near that limit.

Back