can v8 juice replace a multivitamin?

• Thread starter imported_diznik
  • Start date
I

imported_diznik

Just wondering if v8 veggie juice would be a good substitute for a multivitamin or as a serving of veggies. I looked at the ingredients and noticed that most of it is made from concentrate and i wasnt sure if that affected the potency or absorbtion of the vitamins.

I dont plan on using it to replace my daily veggie intake, just wondering if it would be worth using because it is pretty convenient and packed with potassium and vitamins. I noticed the high sodium but there is a low sodium version as well.

V8 is good stuff, but not a substitute for a multivitamin. First of all, check the nutrition label- many vits that are in a good multi aren't even mentioned there. It's also not a good substitute for fresh veggies, because you won't get the fiber that comes in those, and processing destroys much of the natural vitamins and minerals in freshies. And, if you're cutting, it's *always* better to take in your fruits and veggies whole rather than juiced, for that bulky feeling that helps to stave the hunger pangs. That said, I highly recommend V8, or plain old tomato juice for that matter- it's low in cals, and a *very* rich source of lycopene, which is potentially a very important antioxidant for preventing cancer. Drink away!
Jake

Back