Carb/pro/fat ratios in pro BB diets

Ruhl

For those guys on 10 000 cals a day, do they keep carb, protein and fat ratios the same as someone on say 3 000 cals? I was wondering because if they do keep them the same they would be eating way too much protein, more than 1.5 grams per pound body weight. They'd also eat way too much fat.

I don't know of anyone who eats 10000kcals per day. Bodybuilders are known to exaggerate or overestimate everything. But just to give you an idea, a lot of bodybuilders eat 500g of protein each day. Throw in the junk food some of them are known to feast on offseason, and you can probably see that the fat content isn't necessarily on the healthy side...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I cant remember noone stating that bodybuilding is the healtyest life-style ever...
Weider

anyhow, A few years ago, Parillio used to say his guys would eat 10,000kcal+ with ~30% protein, 10% fay and about 60% carbs

that puts up 750g protein, 1500g carbs and 111g fat

1500g carbs is hard enough to eat by itself, but try and add on 750g protein on top of that. Im sure some people can do it, but not many normal people could.

but when are pro bodybuilders 'normal'

Androgens increase appetite. And protein utilzation for that matter. And a great deal of those calories are from shakes, and calorically dense food.

Nuts run almost 1000 kcals for 1 cup.

Well, I've personally worked with some professional bodybuilders, and counting the calories in their off-season diets - not particularly clean either - had them around 6000-6500 for the heaviest guy (about 130-135kg/290-300lbs). This guy was spending most of the day eating, and doing 2-3 trips to the lavatory just to give you an idea.

Back