CARBS help...

Greenlantern11B

should I just eat carbs on days i work out(i work out in the mornings m,w,f)

or eat carbs all the time

or continue my low carb stuff....

i feel tired doing low carbs...and weaker but i look better...

i need suggestions

im a certified sports nutritionist, and theres no 100% right answer for this....
its really personal preference and needs to be based on your goals

IMO you should cycle your diet

for example, when i cut weight for a fight i reduce carbs but when im lifting and trying to get bigger i eat as many carbs as i can

Or just try to stick to a balanced 40/40/20 ratio

but this is one of those things where 10 different people will likly have 10 different opinions

Last edited:
Dont we all...
Sounds like you need a magic pill then...!

Seriously, have you looked at carb cycling? Basically, eat high carbs on w/o days, and low carbs on rest days. Protein high/medium high consistantly.
I am on an Intermittent Fasting diet at the moment, and following these principles.

Research carb cycling on google for some ideas

Brix

Brixtonian can you explain that diet in simple terms. I'm going to start low carbing in january so im extra sexy when I get back to the states! HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! hopefully this eating method(carbs up to 24hrs after workout) will pay off...

From what i have read, the best times to eat carbs is with a PW shake and PW meal. I heard that the first meal of the day should be high in carbs also, but im not sure of this, or why it would be important.
that's not always the best time, but it's surely the most anabolic time to increase potential muscle mass.

Back