carbs

faz

on another website they had this debate, i said it didnt matter when you had them as long as you didnt eat more than you used you wouldnt put on weight...
one guy said...your metabolic rate drops later in the day so any exess calories will be stored as fat,and insulin sensitivity may rise in the pm, so any gi carbs will cause a BS spike with insulin being less effective at shuttling glucose into the muscle cells....

is he correct or does it not matter when you take your carbs ( besides pre and post workout) :D

As you said the overall intake of calories is what counts. Usually people tend to eat more proteins at the evening as the night approaches and they want to maintain the anabolic state. Thus eating more carbs will give more rapid fluctuation to insulin levels which is not a good thing.

So it would be preferable to eat more "towards" protein but still the daily amount of calories is what counts

If you workout in the evening I would say you would need those PM carbs like madd. I think it's all about timing. Others had suggested that as more time passes by from your last workout, taper down the carbs. keep protein up.

pzhang

[b said:
Quote[/b] (faz @ Aug. 18 2005,3:11)]cheers tcup so in a roundabout sort of way we were both right :confused:
Dont mention it ;)

The reason for this kind of vague answer is just that each of us works in a different way. Maybe putting on carbs in the middle of the night is your thing. Just try it
thumbs-up.gif

Back