Clarification on Creatine cycling

Randy

Bryan included research results regarding creatine cycling in issue #08. I'm not entirely sure what is being recommended here. From the discussion section:

"From the results of this most recent study, there would be no reason to cycle creatine for up to 2-4 months."

Um, is cycling (as in abstaining from it) therefore recommended after 2-4 months? If so, how long to stay off?

Randy

Dear Randy,

There really is no need to cycle creatine whatsoever unless one were taking a long layoff (months...) from training.

Even during SD, I'd take 5gm a day.

On non-training days, 5g a day.

On training days, 5g with my Primer a half hour prior to working out.

On the other side of the coin, there is no need to load creatine. Just start the 5gm a day and in time, your stores would be full.

Creatine is not a hormone - there is no receptor downregulation from taking too much creatine for too long although there can be transport carrier saturation if you take too much at once.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

Whether or not to cycle creatine was the subject, though, and I'm not sure what is being recommended by this research group or how Bryan is interpretting the info.

Thanks,
Randy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Randy @ June 21 2003,6:37)]Whether or not to cycle creatine was the subject, though, and I'm not sure what is being recommended by this research group or how Bryan is interpretting the info.
Thanks,
Randy
Doesn't need to be cycled period. Only reason to cycle would you can't afford it or you don't want to use it at least that's what I gathered. Probably wrong though.

Back