Confused

wow lftn'n TX youve got a whole shed full of axes to grind.

regardless of how you feel about somatotyping it is good for one thing, providing most with an easily understood descriptor of their current/former general condition.

how many posts have you read that contained "coming out of school i was your classic ectomorph/endomorph." again, regardless of your opinion of body typing we all get a general idea of the kind of body they are describing in 1 word as opposed to the 2 paragraphs most would take to get the idea across.

<div>
(bluejacket @ Oct. 18 2006,14:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">wow lftn'n TX youve got a whole shed full of axes to grind.

regardless of how you feel about somatotyping it is good for one thing, providing most with an easily understood descriptor of their current/former general condition.</div>
Mostly I'm probably just opinionated.
wow.gif

Sorry if it seemed that I was getting on anyone's case. I wasn't really trying to make fun of the people posting. It's the media/book writers/self proclaimed experts that bug me. I think it's easy to label people in a way that reduces their hope.

Instead of &quot;I'm skinny but I can train and no longer be skinny&quot; it's &quot;I'm an ectomorph and destined to be skinny&quot; because I have this pseudo-scientific label attached to me. I really think that a lot of the hard gainer/ectomorph labeling is just false. To me an &quot;ectomorph&quot; is just someone who needs to lift weights and consume enough calories to gain weight given his metabolism.

You can use those terms if you want, but I think skinny says just as much as ectomorph, but without the connotation that it's something that you're born with and can't change.

I agree with LiftingnTx.

I used to believe I was an ectomorph, I was 6'1&quot; and 140.s when I was a teen. I had a small stomach which made it hard to eat enough, and I had a raging metabolism, I thought I was destined to be a rail. I am 28 now and hovering around 200 lb.s , my stomach has been stretched and my metabolism is still high, but low relative to my bodyweight. I control my body-type, not anything else. If I wanted to I could easily go back to being a rail, or I could over-eat like mad, quit lifting and become a fat slob, but instead I am aiming for the big muscles and low bodyfat of the few, the proud, the bodybuilders of the world. To be a bodybuilder means you don't care what your bodytype was, you are taking your physique into your own hands and controlling your body composition.

Back to the original topic, I have no idea what carbs/protein/fat I eat. I just know I eat alot of protein and calories.

Back