Corn Starch in PWO shake

leanlifter

Has anyone ever put regular Corn Starch in their PWO shake for carbohydrates?
From what I understand it forms a gel in the small intestine and SLOWLY realeses glucose into the blood stream. I got the idea after reading about a product called "Pure Vitargo" being sold as a PWO drink at BulkNutrition.com and other places. "Pure Vitargo" is a waxy corn starch that is 100% amylopectin and regular grocery store corn starch is 75% amylopectin but regular costs $1 per pound instead of $10.
According to Pure Vitargo it doesn't pull water out of the muscles into the stomach to digest it so you don't get the bloated feeling. This seems to be somewhat true with regular corn starch also too.

Other than tasting like crap...

Vitagro or whatever it is becomes easier on the gut because its like a superlong chain of maltodextrin. Means that for a given grams of carbohydrate the osmolarity of the fluid will be lower.
ANother way to do it is to purchase cheap @$$ maltodextrin and mix it very weak, or just use dextrose nad mix it weaker again.

str8 dextrose with a whey shake does it for me!
worship.gif

I prefer the sugar in grape juice over Dextrose but all the simple sugars still seem to make me so bloated. When I'm finished with a PWO shake my stomach feels like there is a basketball in it.
Corn Starch doesn't do that as much and it tastes ok if you mix it with chocolate whey. Although if you let it sit for 5 minutes you have to spend another 5 min. stirring it up again.

I just mix gatorade powder + maltodextrin with protein. Doesn't seem to bloat me as I am able to eat a solid food meal within an hour of post-workout shake with no discomfort.

Back