cottage cheese

marc999

hi guys, i have a hard time swallowing down my cottage cheese. is this just me, do you hae any suggestion to make it a bit tastier. or any recipes might also help.
thnx in advance guys
crazy.gif
blush.gif

Hi Marc,
For snacks I often eat FF cottage cheese with canned pineapple in juice.

Try it topped with Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal and dried fruit.

I have a recipe somewhere for pancakes made with cottage cheese, egg whites and protein powder. I'll see it I can dig it up and post it later.

It's also great mixed with tuna and dijion mustard -- sounds disgusting but not as bad as Blade's tuna shake. ;)

Just kidding ya Blade.

Elle

You can mix in vanilla protien powder.
Taste more like vanilla pudding.

My 10pm meal is CC w/ powder then chase with
naurtal peanut butter after :D

This isn't the one I was thinking of but it's good too:

Crepes with cottage cheese

Nonfat cooking spray
3 egg whites
1T skim milk
2 T blueberry muffin mix
1/2 Cup FF cottage cheese
1 T Berry fruit spread
1/2 C berries

Spray large skillet or crepe pan with spray and place on burner over medium high heat. Combine egg whites, milk and muffin mix in a bowl. Mix with fork until fluffy, then pour into preheated pan. Spread batter so it covers the pan. Cook one minute on each side. While crepes are cooking combine cottage cheese and fruit spread, and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. Flip crepe onto a plate and pour cheese mixture into the center. Then fold ends in, roll and top with fruit.

Elle

1 scoop of blueberry, orange or strawberry Muscle Milk added to 1/2 - 1 cup of cottage cheese (nonfat or 1%) tastes really good. And I hate cottage cheese. I think it tastes best right after you mix it, because after about 30 minutes it sort of gels up. Still tastes good, but the texture isn't as pleasant to me.

I'd use Primer, but chocolate cottage cheese sounds bad to me.

For an easy meal, just mix with some yoghurt - it's good, and it's low GI. I love it, so at least I got *something* out of reading the BFL book ;)

I buy it in a garden salad variety. Hmmmm....I add chives to plain stuff. Hmmmm...love them chives :D

That's about the extaent of my cooking!

Here's a real, and simple, cottage cheese recipe. I grew up eating a Polish meal called, "twarorzek."

Ingredients:
Cottage cheese (about a cup)
Sliced radishes (one or two; adds crunch and fiber)
Diced scallions (a bunch)
Pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)

Side:
Rye bread

Combine all the ingedients in a bowl and mix. If it stand for a long time in the fridge, water will rise to the top; just re-mix. If it's bland, you didn't use enough salt and pepper. The scallions add flavor, the radishes add crunch, both add color.

Protein Pancakes

In a blender mix:
6 egg whites
1/2 Cup FF cottage cheese or yogurt
1/2 Cup oatmeal
1 scoop protein powder
vanilla extract to taste

Cook in a nonstick pan with cooking spray.

Elle

()))---()))

i'll try them soon, some of them though, 'cause i'm doing a ckd, so oats are out of the question.
thnx guys

ps and gals
tounge.gif

Back