creatine and HST

robefc

Ok. I've just started HST (3rd session of 15s tomorrow) but for some reason I've just decided I want to try creatine, don't ask me why I didn't before and I do now, its just kind of clicked!

In any case, I'm thinking I shouldn't start it now as it will effect my 15rep max. Presumably I could load up in my first week of tens and just add to my 10rep max by one increment and work backwards from there.

Alternatively I could complete this cycle (thereby being able to evaluate HST without the compliation of creatine) then load up in my SD phase and then be ready to start another cycle.

What do people reckon? And any experiences with creatine would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance for any advice and Brian, if you read this (but only if you respond does this apply(!) ) congrats on the site, I'm not 100% sure on HST until I've tried it but your way of explaining it through science and the way you've put this site together = very impressive
:-)

The only reason not to use creatine right away would be because you have never used it before and want to know what HST is like without it.

Otherwise, don't weight to start your creatine, its benefits will be had immediately regardless of where you are in your cycle.

thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ May 28 2003,1:57)]The only reason not to use creatine right away would be because you have never used it before and want to know what HST is like without it.
Otherwise, don't weight to start your creatine, its benefits will be had immediately regardless of where you are in your cycle.
thumbs-up.gif
i'm with bryan on this. just start immediately, and use all the RM's you had previously established creatine-free. you don't need to actually lift more weight to reap the benefits of creatine supplementation.

Just a small comment on creatine usage. I took it some time ago without drinking enough water, and it gave me some very bad mood swings(aggressive). I tried it again recently (with plenty water consumption this time) and the mood swings dissapeared. My point - drink your water and Mr. C will treat you right.
happy.gif

I doubt the mood swings were caused by the creatine; it's more likely a bad coincidence.

Anybody know of any data to support or deny?

Has nothing to do with your mood.

Had a portly coworker once tell me his friend took creatine but "raged" because of the testosterone increase, and that he had to stop. I first told him to not lie to me anymore, and then I told him why his account does not reflect the actions of creatine in the body.

Had another fellow student tell me creatine damaged his liver. My response was the same as above, but with many derogatory remarks.

Back