Creatine and ketogenic diets

Wulfe

Has anybody ever used ceatine while on a ketogenic diet? what were the results? is it a waste of money? how did you use it if you did?(dosages and such)

I'm using the UD2 right now for fat loss which is Lyles newer type keto diet which incorporates a training program/diet for particular days. On certain days I'm allowed to take creatine (I use HSN brand) in which I take pretty much mainetenance doses but thats because I was already loaded up before I went on the program. I can't tell if it has helped me or not because I haven't been on it long enough during a mass gaining cycle. As for being on a keto diet it might be giving me a little extra umff during the low carb day's.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Hey Wulfe,

I am pretty much always on a keto diet, and I take creatine. I have seen good results, such as greater strength and increased endurance.

I don't get the pumped muscle though that I would get from carbs and creatine. When I do eat carbs though while on creatine WOW! I look awesome, my muscles are huge and defined with a great pumped look.

I personally would not stop taking creatine just because of a ketogenic diet.

JWJ

Back