Creatine

machtenx

What is the recommended dosage of creatine, starting, and just normal maintenance? not talking the recommended on the bottle, but a good dosage would be how much?

Hi machtenx,

The dosage should be 0.3 grams/kg/day (5-6 days) to load, and 0.03 grams/kg/day to maintain.

Most people generalize this to be 20 grams per day for 5 days to load. And/or 5 grams per day to maintain.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (machtenx @ Jan. 17 2003,12:54)]What is the recommended dosage of creatine, starting, and just normal maintenance? not talking the recommended on the bottle, but a good dosage would be how much?
hey machtenx, 'dancerrulz' here :)

i managed to proselytize hst at another fitness board and machten took the bait. i encouraged him to come here and ask questions about implementing HST as i think he'll really like it (what lifter wouldn't) once he gets in a groove.

Person into breakdancing and hip-hop. I was associating your "danceerrulz" name with "machten" Oops. :)

westside!
Jules

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vicious @ Jan. 17 2003,7:43)]Person into breakdancing and hip-hop. I was associating your "danceerrulz" name with "machten" Oops. :)
westside!
Jules
lol it's actually a joke account :\
i use that one so the g/f won't get upset by girls messaging me and stuff on ftj :) since i've had that picture, basically no one has tried to online hit on me. it's such a great picture.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Jan. 17 2003,7:26)]The dosage should be 0.3 grams/kg/day (5-6 days) to load, and 0.03 grams/kg/day to maintain.
Most people generalize this to be 20 grams per day for 5 days to load. And/or 5 grams per day to maintain.
Bryan in other post you mentioned
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Your muscles/body lose creatine everyday at a rate of about 0.03 grams/kg bodyweight/day. So the creatine that is stored in your muscles doesn't just stay there, it is slowly lost at pretty much a constant rate.
can I as for some references about the dosage of creatine during maintenance phase?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Jan. 17 2003,1:26)]Hi machtenx,
The dosage should be 0.3 grams/kg/day (5-6 days) to load, and 0.03 grams/kg/day to maintain.
I don't see how the math works there

generalizing, are you using an average body weight? If so, the weights are weird then -

0.3 grams/kg/day generalizing to 20 grams assumes a bodyweight of 67 kg

but

0.03 grams/kg/day generalizing to 5 grams assumes a bodyweight of 167 kg

wouldn't 2 grams for maintainance be more accurate?

(either you made a typo, or i'm missing something)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZMT @ Nov. 18 2003,5:55)]20g and 5g are used for simplification
I am asking for references
please anybody ??
yes but it should be 20g and 2g

(unless it's significantly easier to measure out 5g than 2g of creatine from the tub)

Back