Creatine

Ruthenian

I have started creatine supplementation twice in the last several months, but the stuff dried my throat out so much that I quit. It could be coincidence, but the first time it actually appeared to lower my resistance (less protective mucous?) and I caught a cold

I know they tell you to drink lots of water on creatine, but I did not expect the dramatic response that I saw. Is this normal? Just how much more water do I need to drink?

It sounds to me like you are taking too much. I only take 3-4 grams after workouts. I may not even do that anymore, because I sem to be a 'non-responder'.

Yeah 3-4 grams should be plenty. I drink upwards of a half a gallon of water when I take my creatine... half before and half after.

I'm a nonresponder, but from all the studying I'd done on creatine (trying to make it work) I found that you need to add water, as stated.
A lot.
Continuously.
All day.

30% of us are nonresponders, I read. I also don't seem to respond to testosterone "boosters", Arginine alanine mixes, DHEA, or various GH enhancers. I did like the effects of PH's the two times I tried them tho. Too bad the only legal thing that works out there seems to be creatine.

I am taking it just to use up what I have, but I don't get jack out of it. Some guys claim they notice a drop in strength when they off, I don't notice anything. Good to know someone else out there who doesn't get anything out if it.

I am moving on to more potent things...
cool.gif

It did seem to help somewhat with low energy while I was on the cut. But I pretty much dropped it when I got the cold. Still, I don't get a lot of creatine in my diet, so if anyone responds, I would be a good candidate. Maybe I'll try again during the upcoming bulk cycle.

Interesting...I recently suffered from kidney stone, and I suspect that my creatine supplementation *may* have had something to do with it. I think I didn't drink enough water this time (I usually use creatine only a couple a times a year, for c:a 2 months every time) which seems extremely important.

From a training perspective, I respond extremely well to creatine at normal dosages. However, I have noticed that I look less defined when taking creatine, probably due to the extra water retention. But a lot of water seems to be the key.

Regards,
/R

I have been using CE2 which claims to be free from bloat and seemed to deliver on that account. I have used the mono (regular) kind for several years prior to switching. With both types I had noticed headaches if water (fluids in general) were not increased dramatically.

These Headaches would only occur in the first few days of being "on" and only if I forgot to keep fluid intake up. Maybe allowing a week for your body to "adjust' before pulling the plug would get you over the hump?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Maybe allowing a week for your body to &quot;adjust' before pulling the plug would get you over the hump?</div>
Good input -- I'll give it a try when I get a few weeks into the bulk.

It works well for me. I typicaly can 6 pounds when on it. Several years ago when I took it I also took vanadyl sulfate and my pumps were huge and lasted a few days. From talking to other people it seems the closer you are to your gentic potential the less creatine seems to work.

Very intelligent, but if you got pumps lasting for days from vanadyl, your cerebral cortex clearly lacked enough oxigen to maintain basic functioning, so it`s understandeable.

Back