Cross-Contamination of Nutritional Supplements

Bulldog

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18563865?dopt=AbstractPlus

I knew this was a potential problem.  But this seems worse than I would have expected it to be.  15% seems pretty high.  I also wonder how much of the "cross-contamination" isn't actually contamination, but actually done on purpose.

I wonder if athletes would test positive for steroids when using the contaminated supplements.  Do you think the contamination is high enough to put someone over the levels they test for?

<div>
(Bulldog @ Jun. 24 2008,3:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> I also wonder how much of the &quot;cross-contamination&quot; isn't actually contamination, but actually done on purpose.</div>
I heard about this for the 1st time a few months ago. &quot;Cross-contamination&quot; is a nice euphemism for purposely adding AAS and/or other substances to a supplement so the supplement will have a visible effect. In other words, the supplement is probably useless without the &quot;cross-contamination&quot;.

I just saw a very interesting documentary on steroids called, &quot;Bigger, Stronger Faster&quot;. There's a short segment on supplements, but they don't really touch on the &quot;cross-contamination&quot; issue. They do, however touch on the supplement advertisements.

Back