cutting and glycogen restorage

noobie

I think the general consensus for cutting basically lowering the carbs and calories together while keeping the ratio of protein up. I am planning to do a 6xweek 1xday all the way through my 15s in order to get a bit more leaner and then if i feel that i've reached my goal in "leaness" i will begin bulk on 10s and 5s while returning to 3x a week 1x day, if not, i'll probably continue the 6xweek hypocalorie until i feel that i've gotten lean enough. The question is, Is there a way to keep glycogen storage normal while cutting? I've already experienced over-training that could have been due to CNS fatigue or low glycogen and it felt like crap. Is there a way to avoid this while cutting since carbs are going to be limited?
Can you eat enough carbs postworkout to restore glycogen levels to normal without gaining fat? Or is the only way to return to get close to normal levels by doing a carb refeed on certain days?

any suggestions? I just don't want to end up fatigued and burnt out after using 6xweek hypocalorie and not be able to complete a full HST cycle. thanks guys :)

currently on day SD, eating decent amount of carbs, protein,fat. Pretty much maintenance cals no weight gain.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (noobie @ Feb. 20 2005,4:41)]The question is, Is there a way to keep glycogen storage normal while cutting?
Yes, use Steady State Cardio while eating at or just below maintenance.

so i shuld just drop the whole 6x a week training and just do steady state cardio post workout? Is that superior to 6x a week training?

In my opinion only, if you are trying to cut body fat and worried about glycogen content in the muscle, then Steady State cardio 3X a week is better than 15's 6X a week. Use this to get down to a reasonable BF% before worrying about glycogen depletion and replenishment methods. If you are already at a lower BF% then Carb cycling might be the answer to get to extremely lower BF levels. But this can still be acheived with cardio and lo carb cycling instead of subjecting the CNS to 6X week Resistance training. Ultimately though you need to try before you buy. Try one this cutting session and another the next, see what happens with your BF and LBM%.

cool. I'll read up on steady state cardio and some more of Jule's customizing posts :D thanks for the help

Back