Cutting diet guidance needed

Actually my fitday report of calorie intake for the last months averages around 2950 calories per day!
wow.gif

I haven't lost any weight this month so at this activity level these are probably my maintenance calories. But I have been losing weight for five months now, so my metabolism has probably slowed down a bit.

I did lose one cm in my waist and slighty increased my leg and arm measurements, not much of an increase but it was measurable.

All in all I've lost around 12 cm in my waist, which leaves me quite happy. :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ryan @ June 05 2003,3:36)]EDT like HST is a muscular hypertrophy program that requires supplemental cardiovascular to get the peak benefit (To fat loss, I don't mean to the respective workout programs).
How much cardio would be necessary? Some of my HST workouts get a pretty good deal in and I'm doing them twice per day. Would AM/PM MWF HST and cardio Saturday and Sunday be enough?

Eric

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ewitte @ June 13 2003,8:44)]How much cardio would be necessary? Some of my HST workouts get a pretty good deal in and I'm doing them twice per day. Would AM/PM MWF HST and cardio Saturday and Sunday be enough?
Eric
You need a baseline to begin with. Holding all else constant you will know how are doing by monitoring ratio of fat loss/muscle loss.

I started out with 90 minutes a week (steady state) worked up to 225 minutes. I was losing weight too fast so I have cut back down to 90 minutes and raised my weekly kcal consumption.

If you are losing to much muscle to fat, you can either up your kcals or reduce cardio, but I think a minimum of 60 minutes week will help.

To answer your question, I don't perceive a problem with 2 days of cardio following week of HST, but like most everything in life: it's very individualized requires a bit of trial & error.

Back