Dextrose: What Brand & Where To Buy?

savagebeast

I didn't want to hijack jwbond's thread pre/post work out shakes, so I posted a new thread.

What brand of dextrose do people use and where do you buy it from?

The only kind I ever see in online supplement stores is Now Foods dextrose. At 1fast400, it's 2 lbs. for $2. That sounds like a pretty good deal. However, if you're using 70-90g of it after every workout, as Vicious suggests in the thread on pre/post workout nutrition, that would only last you about 2 weeks if you workout 6 days/week.

I've also seen Now dextrose at www.vitaglo.com for $1.81, which is an even better deal. Also, their shipping is only $5 regardless of weight, and if you spend over $50, then shipping is free. But I saw a few not so great reviews for vitaglo.com on this website (along with a lot of good ones, I might add). Anyone have any experience dealing with them?

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I have froogled dextrose and that Barry Farm stuff is, I think, the only other dextrose that I've seen. However, whether you buy 5 or 10 lbs, it would still be cheaper to get the Now dextrose from 1fast400 after you factor in shipping charges: Barry Farm's shipping is $6.95, 1fast400's is $5.00 for up to 10 lbs. and $0.50/lb over that. Buying 15 lbs. would be, well, a bit excessive.

Man, I hate it when companies get you with shipping charges. $6.95 isn't too bad, though, you can do much worse. But in general, the cheaper their prices, the more ridiculous the shipping. But that's another story...

BIZ, I found Supplement Direct dextrose on that site. But those shipping charges! The Now dextrose from 1fast400 works out to be cheaper if you're buying 10 lbs. If you're buying the 50 lb. tub, well then that's a lot of dextrose! I don't know what I'd do with that much. I'd probably have to resort to using it as weight when I'm working out
laugh.gif

just head down the cleaning alse of ya supermarket, they normally keep homebrew supplies there, brewing sugar is often dextrose....i pay $5 for 1.5kg and just around the corner normal glucose would cost $6 for 500g

The cleaning aisle? I never would have thought to look there, but I'll check it out the next time I'm at the supermarket. Thanks for the tip.

Back