Diet Analyzation

Old&Grey, I find your approach very interesting. I was in that same mode as well (high protein, moderate fats, and limiting carbs) until I read in the HST FAQ that only 1/g/lb of protein was necessary. For me, that means bulking on 130g of protein!

Do you think that I should up my protein intake? And what are your thoughts of the HST nutrition guide preaching low protein compared to fat and carbs?

O&G, do you also believe that cutting carbs before bed serves to reduce fat stores? I'm pretty set in the whole idea that total caloric intake is all that matters when it comes to recompositioning the body. Do you have any sources or anything that support your idea that less carbs helps to recompositiont he body better? Or anything to at least explain the idea?

JUst do a google search. My wife had major surgery yesterday so I am spending most of my time at the hospital or I would look some up for you.

Just adding on to this old post since it has to do with my diet...

It's about carbs/fat intake. Protein intake is 25-30% or 1g/lb.

Does the split of the other two matter??. I notice that I take in about 20-25% fat and 50% carbs. Some people here like gripstrength have mentioned that no more than 25% of your calories should come from fat, and then others like O&G talk about 50% of the calories should come from fat (mostly good fats.)

The question is does it matter and why?

-Colby

If you just want to be big and strong, eat lots of carbs.
If you prefer the leaner look, eat more good fats. 50% is a bit high though!

I like to keep carbs under 200 grams or about 25% of the calories on a 3,000 calorie budget. The remainder is about 250 grams of protein and about 125 grams of good fats and the rest is unavoidable bad fats.

Therefore, my split, on average, is about protein 250 grams (35%), 200 grams of Carbs (25%), Good Fats 125 grams (35%) and other fats of 15 grams (5%).

I don't go nuts counting calories all day. I mentally keep track of my protein and carb grams and adjust protein up if I am off target. If I am under on carbs, I don't worry about it as I will likely make it up with good fats so I won't get hungry.

Back