Diet & nutrition links and hints

stan

Hi there, I thought that it was weird that there wasn't a thread which dealt with helpful general hints and links to stuff on the net which is genuinely great reads on diet and nutrition.

For the newbie - diet & nutrition FAQ

Here's a glycemic index and glycemic load table. Basically it tells you what food will have a high impact on insulin production in your body and what will have a low insulin production. As it's always a good idea to keep insulin levels low, this is a must-read for those who are trying to eat right:
GI index

Here's an overview of nutrients in various products: nutrient information

I'm a newbie at this whole diet thing, so I'd like to ask some questions which I'd love to see answers for, links or replies.

1) What does EFA and macronutrients mean? (perhaps you know of a link to a site which explains all the names one might encounter but not understand right away?)

2) What links did you use to help you discover your eating habits, and what links helped you to change them?

I'll be going through the diet & nutrition forum to see if I can't find great threads to link to.

S.

Good thread stan! I use www.nutritiondata.com to look up various foods' nutritional information. Also, www.stumptuous.com seems to have some good general advice on nutrition (although it says it's for women, most of it obviously applies to both sexes, it is a good place to start). A lot of peeps seem to use www.fitday.com to log their daily dietary intake. That's all I can think of at the moment...

Found in another thread This link.

It's a link with nutritional information on things like chicken, salmon, and other foodstuffs you might not know the components of.

S.

Back