Diet optimization guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having spent a joyous week in the Highlands of Scotland away from a computer screen I thought I'd pop in here to check on this busy little thread...

Oh dear! It seems to have deteriorated into a mud-slinging match. Some pretty offensive smelling mud for this forum too.

It would seem to me that Martin Levac feels rather picked-on by this community and is acting like a cat trapped in a corner - claws out, teeth bared and hissing - and is now throwing caution to the wind as far as his responses go; perhaps he's rather cheesed off by the somewhat frosty reception to his arguments? Yes, a few comments were gentle gibes at Martin's expense but I don't think any regular posters here are out to cause trouble - after all, this is a hobby for most of us and something we enjoy reading and learning about.

Having read through a lot of Martin's responses, it does seem like he is deliberately trying to be uncooperative when it comes to answering questions and perhaps it is the seemingly supercilious way he responds to questions that breeds contempt here. I'm really trying to to be fair to Martin but that's my take on it.

<div>
(Lol @ Apr. 12 2008,14:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Having spent a joyous week in the Highlands of Scotland away from a computer screen I thought I'd pop in here to check on this busy little thread...

Oh dear! It seems to have deteriorated into a mud-slinging match. Some pretty offensive smelling mud for this forum too.

It would seem to me that Martin Levac feels rather picked-on by this community and is acting like a cat trapped in a corner - claws out, teeth bared and hissing - and is now throwing caution to the wind as far as his responses go; perhaps he's rather cheesed off by the somewhat frosty reception to his arguments? Yes, a few comments were gentle gibes at Martin's expense but I don't think any regular posters here are out to cause trouble - after all, this is a hobby for most of us and something we enjoy reading and learning about.

Having read through a lot of Martin's responses, it does seem like he is deliberately trying to be uncooperative when it comes to answering questions and perhaps it is the seemingly supercilious way he responds to questions that breeds contempt here. I'm really trying to to be fair to Martin but that's my take on it.</div>
If the subject of this thread was me, that would be quite a relevant post. But since the subject is not me, the post is entirely irrelevant. Thanks for your effort though.

The more you guys post about me, the more I will point out how irrelevant and, accordingly, how stupid the post is. I'll make it a bit more clear. I respond to your collective stupidity. But I am not the originator of those responses. You are.

* Warning * OT

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If the subject of this thread was me, that would be quite a relevant post. But since the subject is not me, the post is entirely irrelevant. Thanks for your effort though.

The more you guys post about me, the more I will point out how irrelevant and, accordingly, how stupid the post is. I'll make it a bit more clear. I respond to your collective stupidity. But I am not the originator of those responses. You are. </div>

You are a feisty chap, Martin. So why not play by your own rules and only post comments that are relevant to the thread title? This post may not be relevant to the thread title but I think it is relevant to what's been happening in this thread.

Most of us here are fine with an occasional bit of OT banter but if you are not that's fine too. Just don't post OT. Sometimes, not retaliating shows the true mettle of a man. And, in answer to whether people get banned for this kind of behaviour, if you continue to retaliate with ad-hominem attacks on people you probably will come to the attention of Jvroig who will then decide what course of action to take (you might just receive a warning). It would be a shame if you were banned as I think you add to the colour of the discussions here.

Oh, here's a quote of the forum etiquette guide from Bryan:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">

Hello Everyone,
I just had a few things that I wanted to address. First, welcome to all the new members. We are up to over 5,800 members with more people signing in each day. With each new member, the potential of the board to meet a greater variety of people’s needs goes up. Please note the “Invite a Friend” function on the index page of the forum. You can invite a friend to sign up simply by typing in their email address and rolling your mouse over the “your name” and “your email address” boxes.

On a different note, something I didn’t want to see on the Forum, is people resorting to insults and condescending language in their posts. This will only hurt the quality of the board, and suffocate serious (i.e. useful) discussion about training, nutrition, and supplementation. Questions and answers will best serve peoples needs if they are direct and too the point, without superfluous tangents.

The Forum can not tolerate direct attacks on people’s character. This is not what the Forum is for. It is for the free exchange of information. Yes, some information people offer will be ill-informed, and overly opinionated, but as long as it is technical in nature it must be allowed. However, “flaming” and “trolling” will not be allowed.

Flaming will be defined as personal insults. This needs no further explanation. Just don’t do it.

Trolling will be defined as writing in a “style” or “attitude” deliberately intended to aggravate, irritate, inflame, provoke, patronize, disrespect, stir up contention, or otherwise “get the goat” of people on the board. Clearly this is somewhat of a judgment call, and I will act VERY conservatively when publicly warning someone who is appears to be “trolling”. Arguments over who started it will be considered irrelevant.
If a person persists in their trolling after being publicly warned, they will be put on probation. Probationary status will be assigned on a temporary basis. If you are put on probation, your access and participation will be limited at our discretion. Once an individual, who has been put on probation for flaming or trolling, demonstrates a change in posting behavior, they will be restored to normal status with full access to the forum restored.

I guess the bottom line is that the educational goals of the Forum outweigh a member’s right to cause trouble. Please do your part to keep the Forum the best place on the net to talk and learn about training, nutrition, and supplementation.

Thanks,

-bryan </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back