Do anti-biotics and anti-inflammatories affect

Dear ruhl,
Antibiotics should have no direct effect on one's joints. Any indirect effects would be quite far-fetched.
Anti-inflammatories (AIs) can have a direct effect on one's joints. Some AIs destroy the joints and surrounding tissue (e.g. cortisone injections) so be prudent with the use of such substances. You can also use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs but they too, are known to cause cartilage degradation. In general, AIs can also be bad in that if they down-play the seriousness of the inflammation, one might be inclined to continue with strenous activity, thus leading to causation of further damage.
Perhaps, it is better to find and eliminate the cause of inflammation.
Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

There have been reported cases of athletes devloping serious joint problems after being treated with antibiotics like cypro or other ones from the same family. I can't remember the details, but the connective tissue (cartilage maybe?) was seriously damaged. I think it doesn't happen often though. To be on the safe side I would avoid these specific ones.

Depends on the drug. Some drugs may have direct or indirect effects on muscular development. Prednisone, for example, is a glucocorticoid and used as a powerful anti-inflammatory.

Back