Do sups cause acne?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The only supplements or foods that will effect acne must either increase inflammation or hormone levels.</div>

my skin gets very bad
when consuming tomatoes (ketchup is fine), mineral water with bubbles and cottage cheese

any idea why this is happening ?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">my skin gets very bad
when consuming tomatoes (ketchup is fine), mineral water with bubbles and cottage cheese

any idea why this is happening ? </div>

Ever tried detoxing? Could help! Drink pure non-carbonated water only! Casein in the cottage cheese could be one of the culprits.

I think we need someone a little mor einto dermatology or at least endocrinology, I am not that well informed.

One suggestion, go to the Pubmed website and check out research on the subject!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Ever tried detoxing? Could help! Drink pure non-carbonated water only! Casein in the cottage cheese could be one of the culprits. </div>

yeah
since I now what foods I am sensitive to I am trying to eliminate them

but I was wondering
how bubbles from water can influence inflammation or hormone levels as Bryan suggested

Z

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">how bubbles from water can influence inflammation or hormone levels as Bryan suggested </div>

CO2 transports through the blood, the toxins will travel that much faster with the presence of CO2, to me pimples are simply a way of the body to get rid of toxins via the skin.

When I spoke of detoxing I am not talking about stopping whatever it is that you eat, although that will obviously improve your status, but rather using external and internal detoxifying agents to get rid of current toxins.

Two very simple ones that I can recommend are:

Probiotics - any mixture of Lactobacillus vulgaris and Saccharomyces variety, there are literally hundreds of varieties around.

Powdered charcoal or charcoal tablets or capsules - the powder is real cheap, you take one tea spoonfull morning and evening on the first day, and repeat dose once daily for two days straight, then stop, it flushes all the non-sense from your gut within the next three days, evidence will be black stools for a while...

and oh...charcoal is absolutely non-toxic and carries no side effects, terrible to swallow as a powder so the best is to mix with small amount of water in a glass!

&quot;it flushes all the non-sense from your gut within the next three days, evidence will be black stools for a while...&quot;

Black stools is evidence of taking carbon black and eliminating it. It does not indicate successful adsorption of toxins. It is also non specific. It will adsorb anything that it can whether it is good or bad for the body.

My understanding in regard to this is that bacteria is the direct cause of pimples (including blackheads and whiteheads). Oil (sebum) on your skin clogs up pores and attracts bacteria. With enough sebum, it is practically impossible to stop bacteria getting in - you'd have to be on constant oral anti-biotics and be washing your face 10 times per day and even that may not do it - we can only really reduce the severity of the acne. Excessive sebum is caused by androgens. As always, genetics plays the greatest part in who's skin will produce the most sebum in relation to one's androgen levels.

Personally, I've had success using a combination of a topical anti-biotic solution dabbed onto pimples (90% enthanol, 10% lincomycin) along with topical isotretinoin (a retinoid) at night and an AHA gel in the morning applied all over the face. If I apply too much my skin can get a bit flaky at times. A bonus is that the AHA and retinoid treatments have also been shown to reduce fine lines and wrinkles caused by sun damage / ageing. I now stay out of the sun and occasionally get spray-tanned which look quite natural these days! I think solariums / deliberate sunbathing is a silly idea - especially in Australia - we have an absurdly high rate of skin cancer here.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Black stools is evidence of taking carbon black and eliminating it. It does not indicate successful adsorption of toxins. It is also non specific. It will adsorb anything that it can whether it is good or bad for the body.</div>

Point taken Bgates, still a good way to detox IMO, and very little good is taken out that way mate, then again you can put it back with probiotics, they too phagocyte most notious materials and flush them out.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">bacteria is the direct cause of pimples </div>

Right, but the cause of sebum build up is the source of problems and you are right it is caused by hormonal imbalance. I generally agree with your treatment, topical antibiotics and alcohol mixed will both eliminate bacteria, directly with the alcohol and over time with the antiobiotic.

Either way a better choice than internal antibiotic tretaments and roacutane and similar hard assed stuff!
biggrin.gif

Back