does green tea really help immunity?

sean

Hi, I just got sick again and I am wondering if I should try drinking green tea more since I also got sick about 5 months ago (and a few months before that). A few people have told me that I am always sick, and I think I may be a little immunocompromised because of my autoimmune disease that affects my platelets. (though apparently not enough to call for medecine since my doctor isn't telling me to do anything about it) Actually, if you search the forum for "sick" or something you should find several posts from me.

Anyway, I read an older post about green tea boosting your immune system. But, someone also mentioned it lowered your testosterone I think. Is it worth taking green tea all the time or should I only take it when I start getting sick? Thanks

Sean

1fast400.com has l-theanine from NOW, though it's complexed with green tea extract.

ezpricematch.com has a pure l-theanine from Source Naturals.

beyond-a-century.com has l-theanine powder. I've used this mixed in water, and although theanine is said to contribute to the "umami" (?) flavor of green tea, up to a gram dissolved in 16oz of cold water is undetectable.

Do you think that the green tea capsules are as good and drinking the tea, I can't stand the taste of the tea but I do take the green tea extract in capsules.

Since you dont like the taste of green tea, you might want to try a tea called "matte". It is said to boost your immune system similarly to green tea, but it tastes GREAT!

Back