does my diet look okay?

sean

does this diet look good?

2/3 cup chocolate milk, 1 egg, 4 tlbs white, cream of wheat, 2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tlbs butter , 1 fish oil pill

4/5 small banana, 8 cashews

4/5 small banana, 7 cashews, 3 baby carrots, 1 slice wheat bread, 3 slices turkey

1/2 cup spaghetti, 4 oz. Chicken, chicken broth, wine in sauce

3/4 tropicana orange juice, 7 cashews, 3 baby carrots, 1 slice wheat bread, 3 slices turkey

1 apple

primer, 2 tsp sugar

driver, 7 oz. Skim milk

2/3 cup spaghetti, 6 oz. Chicken+chicken broth, wine in sauce

3/4 glass skim milk, 1/4 glass 1% milk, 1 slice turkey, 2/3 cup orange juice+3 fish oil pills

Does that look like ~2400 cals?...that's what I calculated it to be. Does my diet need any help?

Thanks,
Sean

yeah i've read it and understand it. I weigh 159 lbs so that's about what I'm supposed to eat to gain weight. Thing is, I've lost weight on that diet. Maybe I have a really high BMR since I'm 16. It's taking forever to find out the amount of calories from fat, carbs, protein for all of this. For now, I was hoping someone could tell me if this at least looks good or not.

Thanks,
Sean

I've said it more than a few times, so another can't hurt...

www.fitday.com !! Best diet resource I've yet found. Just sign up, punch in all that food as a sample day, and it'll tell you the rest. My sample diet's at the bottom if you want to see what the service looks like.

-Calkid

Calkid is right, you gotta track every detail of what you eat, that fiday.com helps a crap ton, its a pain in the @$$ to put in all the food details and takes about 2 weeks to get it all in there but its just two mins to add stuff after that throughout the day. Just add foods as you eat them, some are already programmed in others you really just gotta add by copying all the info off boxes. The only hard stuff is things like tuna salad where you have to start using advanced math to add it up and divide by servings and count the bread etc.
What you have listed imo seems to lack enough protein still. You'll need about 160g a day for now then more later on when you reach 165lbs etc.. If you're losing weight eat more. Or if you can't totally stuff yourself try eating higher calorie meals instead. Put your 2 scoops of protein powder in 2 cups of fat free milk and do that twice a day. Down that fast like you would a beer..err nm yer 16 no beer for you.

Things like pizza and pasta and stuff are high calorie, pasta and bread stuff have a ton of complex carbs which help. According to my calcs you should be eating roughly 2800 calories a day to gain.

Oh and if you eat stuff that you're totally unsure on calories. Do web searches and look on websites of restaraunts. Pizza Hut and Mcdonald's both have all the nutritional info right there for everything they sell. Most other restaraunt calorie/protein info is available by doing a search on google. i.e. if you eat at chili's and eat chicken crispers 1600 cals for the meal btw, search: chili's chicken crispers nutritional you'll find at least one or two sites with that info. Most restaraunts have numbers you can call they'll give that info w/o any probs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] yeah i've read it and understand it. I weigh 159 lbs so that's about what I'm
supposed to eat to gain weight. Thing is, I've lost weight on that diet.

No problem just eat more .... try eating 2800 cals, if you don't gain eat 3200 ...

Are you real eating 4/5 of a banana?

Eat a hand full of nuts.

Have 2 slices of wheat bread and have a cup of carrots

Swap whole milk with your PW with driver

Add more carbs after your wo meal add a potato or eat more spaghetti.

Back