Doggy style

Tcup

As everyone has tried here HST and hopefully gained decent results it`s time to try something else
biggrin.gif

How many guys have trier DC-style training? Looking forward to hear you opinions. Planning to hit DC next fall and there`s lot to do mainly with nutrition...
rock.gif

<div>
(Tcup @ Jul. 18 2006,06:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">As everyone has tried here HST and hopefully gained decent results it`s time to try something else
biggrin.gif

How many guys have trier DC-style training? Looking forward to hear you opinions. Planning to hit DC next fall and there`s lot to do mainly with nutrition...
rock.gif
</div>
I tried DC almost a year ago for a little while.  In my opinion, it can only be effectively done if you have a workout partner.  The rest/pause stuff is too difficult to do if you have to get off the bench and rerack the weight in your power rack or even push the weight back up on a smith machine, because by the time you do that it's time to do another set.  To make DC work, you really have to push yourself to the max on all your rest/pause sets--everytime.  It's also pretty easy to gain fat on DC, because you are doing low volume and consuming a lot of calories (DC recommends 2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight)so be careful if you're an endormorph.  Be very strict about the carb cutoffs after 4-6 p.m.  If I was a young kid in my early 20's I'd probably be doing DC, but at this stage in my life HST is more workable for me.

DC is the one who recommended HST to me. I did his workout for roughly 2 months. It was absolutely brutal and proved only slightly better than what i was doing prior. DC workouts are not good for natural guys, or even people new to aas. I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you use aas and have already reached your body's max natural potential.

I switched to HST nearly 15 months ago and would never consider a DC workout again. Not with how much better HST worked for me.

Bump to Steve and JW. I was with Steve and another guy doing DC for the -summer was it? - and we gained strength mostly but not size. It's as JW said - for the AA crowd. We felt as though we'd wasted our time. I will say, however, that if I had increased cals more I may have gotten some results due to more anabolics (FOOD), but I think the fat gains would have been unacceptable.
I almost forgot: his super high protein diet has some smelly disadvantages too...

Back