Dr Atkins no carb diet

My .02

I have been on a "low carb" diet since January and have lost about 25lbs. I am not strict, in that I do not count calories or keep a log. I just cut out the starches and sugars. My diet consists of meat and greens. Eggs and cheese. I supplement with Udo's Choice oil and Low Carb Grow.

I don't think this is a long term thing, but it does take the weight off quickly. I plan on easing back into a more balanced "zone" type diet.

It is true that the Atkins isn't really geared to the weightlifting set. However, it can be easily modified and tailored to allow you to maintain your muscle while losing fat. For example, Lyle's CKD plan or the T-Dawg diet on Test.net. In fact, even if you do the Atkins, you can schedule your carb intake around your workouts, pre-workout carb load and then a post-workout drink.

While on the diet, my strength has increased on HST, but I do not get the same pumped feeling as when I am on a normal diet. The workouts are a bit more difficult. But it still appears to work.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tallen234 @ Feb. 27 2003,5:39)]My .02
I have been on a "low carb" diet since January and have lost about 25lbs. I am not strict, in that I do not count calories or keep a log. I just cut out the starches and sugars. My diet consists of meat and greens. Eggs and cheese. I supplement with Udo's Choice oil and Low Carb Grow.
Never said that it didnt work, but it works for one reason. It aint protein, it aint fats its just calories.
There is also the mild anoretic effect of higher protien/fat that makes some people (not me
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
) not eat as much, which is why some people can get away with not counting calories (because they do not feel like eating, but not me, I ALWAYS feel like eating).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]While on the diet, my strength has increased on HST, but I do not get the same pumped feeling as when I am on a normal diet. The workouts are a bit more difficult. But it still appears to work.
Most people would possibly struggle more during the 15s/10s as they are more glycogen 'dependant' but during the 5's you are not utilizing a lot of glycogen, so it has a smaller effect.
I still perfer moderately higher carbs during this phase, if only for the cell volumising effects, which (potentially) enables more weight to be used.

Back